The mission of the MFHA is to set and maintain high sporting standards among our membership, encourage foxhunting, approve and register territories on official maps of fox hunting countries, settle disputes in regard to the same, register eligible foxhounds in a Foxhound Stud Book and improve the breed of Foxhounds. Read more about the MFHA
Subscribing Membership to the MFHA is open to anyone who cares about the future of country lifestyles and wants their voice and vote to make a difference.
Our Future National Headquarters - Middleburg, VA
Our new headquarters will be open to the public and you are a part of our expansion. Before we can move in, the property will require major renovations and we are asking for your support to help raise funds.
Whether you give $100.00 or $5,000, you can be a part of our new headquarters, foxhunting visitors’ center, educational facility and office space. If you prefer to pay in installments, please fill out the Pledge Agreement Form and return to us at the MFHA Office. Click here to follow our progress.
New to Foxhunting?
If you are new to foxhunting or just love learning about the history - you won't want to miss these:
Help Create A Legacy For Future Generations
Never before has it been so important for foxhunters to look toward the horizon. By including the MFHA Foundation in your will, trust or beneficiary designation, you can pass on your love of foxhunting and conservation to future generations. Click here for more information.
- Don't Miss Manhattan Saddlery's Open House in January. While you're in New York City for the MFHA events, plan to visit Manhattan Saddlery for their Third Annual Foxhunter's Open House. This special opportunity is scheduled for Friday afternoon, January 27th, between the Annual Meeting and the Masters' Ball. In addition to fantastic shopping, Manhattan Saddlery will offer special demonstrations, mini-clinics, refreshments, and discounts. The store is located at 117 E. 24th Street. To plan ahead to make the most of your trip to the Big Apple, visit their website, manhattansaddlery.com or call 212-673-1400.
- Plan now to attend the Masters' Ball in January There's still time to register to attend all our events next month in New York City. Register today!
- Masters are reminded to nominate children for our Fairly Hunted Award. Anyone under age 18 who participates in at least five hunt meets during the season qualifies. The award was created to recognize young riders in the field, who may not belong to Pony Club or other organizations that are formally associated with hunt clubs. Recipients earn a certificate and pin from the MFHA, as well as a one-year subscription to Covertside. Click here for more information.
- Order Your 2017 Foxhunting Calendar Today! Great gifts for landowners, staff, and other hunting enthusiasts! The cost is $28 each, shipping and handling included. These beautiful calendars also make a great addition to your tackroom. Click here to order.
- Another amazing hound show season comes to a close. For a complete list of results from all 2016 shows please click here. Mark your calendars - the 2017 schedule has been posted.
- Keep up-to-date on animal rights legislation by visiting our Legislation page
- Click here for a variety of related links
Covertside is a magazine for foxhunters published by the Masters of Foxhounds Association to help strengthen the unity of our foxhunting community. Learn more of the history of Covertside.
Missed the latest issue?...click to order your copy today
Masters of Foxhounds 2016 Hunt Roster & Business Directory