The mission of the MFHA is to set and maintain high sporting standards among our membership, encourage foxhunting, approve and register territories on official maps of fox hunting countries, settle disputes in regard to the same, register eligible foxhounds in a Foxhound Stud Book and improve the breed of Foxhounds. Read more about the MFHA
Subscribing Membership to the MFHA is open to anyone who cares about the future of country lifestyles and wants their voice and vote to make a difference.
Our Future National Headquarters - Middleburg, VA
Our new headquarters will be open to the public and you are a part of our expansion. Before we can move in, the property will require major renovations and we are asking for your support to help raise funds.
Whether you give $100.00 or $5,000, you can be a part of our new headquarters, foxhunting visitors’ center, educational facility and office space. If you prefer to pay in installments, please fill out the Pledge Agreement Form and return to us at the MFHA Office. Click here to follow our progress.
New to Foxhunting?
If you are new to foxhunting or just love learning about the history - you won't want to miss these:
Help Create A Legacy For Future Generations
Never before has it been so important for foxhunters to look toward the horizon. By including the MFHA Foundation in your will, trust or beneficiary designation, you can pass on your love of foxhunting and conservation to future generations. Click here for more information.
- Sherman P. Haight, ex-MFH and former President of the Masters of Foxhounds Association passed away on October, 17 2016. He was a great guy who contributed a lot to not only the sport but the present makeup of the MFHA. There will be a small private service and burial in Maryland. Our thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.
- David Twiggs named next MFHA Executive Director After a thorough review of the search process and the candidates who applied, the Executive Committee of the MFHA Board of Directors voted to hire David Twiggs as the future Executive Director. David will officially begin on January 1. He will serve during a three-month transition period with Dennis Foster, before assuming the sole responsibility of the position on April 1, 2017. David's mission will include growing the sport and our
subscribing membership, supporting existing hunts, and increasing our financial base and endowment. David will attend the January MFHA Annual Meeting in New York and we hope you will make every effort to welcome him. Click for press release
- Plan now to attend the Masters' Ball in January Following the MFHA Annual Meeting, New Masters' Seminar and Masters' Dinner, the Masters' Ball caps off our festive weekend in New York City. All Subscribing Members are invited to the scarlet-if-convenient gala at the Pierre Hotel, featuring cocktails, dinner and dancing into the early morning hours to the live band. Register today!
- Support finding a second (or third!) career for ex-racehorses as foxhunters by attending the
Retired Racehorse Project's $100,000 Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium presented by Thoroughbred Charities of America, on October 27-30 at the Kentucky Horse Park. Along with Show Hunters, Barrel Racing, Polo, Dressage, Freestyle, Competitive Trails, and Eventing, the field hunters will compete for the title of "America's Most Wanted Thoroughbred." Click for more information
- Masters are reminded to nominate children for our Fairly Hunted Award. Anyone under age 18 who participates in at least five hunt meets during the season qualifies. The award was created to recognize young riders in the field, who may not belong to Pony Club or other organizations that are formally associated with hunt clubs. Recipients earn a certificate and pin from the MFHA, as well as a one-year subscription to Covertside. Click here for more information.
- Order Your 2017 Foxhunting Calendar Today! Great gifts for landowners, staff, and other hunting enthusiasts! The cost is $28 each, shipping and handling included. These beautiful calendars also make a great addition to your tackroom. Click here to order.
- Another amazing hound show season comes to a close. For a complete list of results from all 2016 shows please click here. Mark your calendars - the 2017 schedule has been posted.
- Keep up-to-date on animal rights legislation by visiting our Legislation page
- Click here for a variety of related links
Covertside is a magazine for foxhunters published by the Masters of Foxhounds Association to help strengthen the unity of our foxhunting community. Learn more of the history of Covertside.
Missed the latest issue?...click to order your copy today
Masters of Foxhounds 2016 Hunt Roster & Business Directory